Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Small Steps for Catholic Moms

(Taken from "Small Steps for Catholic Moms"
        by Danielle Bean & Elizabeth Foss)

Think:
"Love consumes us only in the measure of our self-surrender."  ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Pray:
God, St. Therese always reminds me that you love me more than I could ever imagine.  Today, remind me that to surrender to your will, I also have to love myself.  Help me to see myself as you do and to be as kind to myself as I am to my most fragile child.

Act:
Turn off the negative internal conversation you are having with yourself.  Be charitable towards yourself.  Beg for grace and then grant yourself the benefit of knowing that you are loved by an all-knowing God.  Then, extend that same grace to someone else who might be feeling as if he's worthy of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment