Friday, July 15, 2011

Heath Bar Delight

"For the first time in my life, I am truly happy. I am loved for who I am, not for selfish reasons. I have the right to live my life in any way I want."- Lorna Doone

And we have the right to eat any dessert we want! Who's counting calories?? Enjoy this delicious recipe I found in an Amish recipe book-- it's the perfect treat for a hot July day!


Heath Bar Delight 




Ingredients
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 box Lorna Doone cookies; crumbled
  • 1 stick melted butter
  • 1 qt. softened Heath Bar ice cream (or toffee ice cream)
  • 1 container Cool Whip
Directions:
  1. Crush Lorna Doone cookies and mix with melted butter. Press into bottom of 9 x 9 pan.
  2. Mix Heath Bar ice cream (let it soften a little, and it'll be easier to mix) with pudding mix and 2 cups of milk. Pour on top of cookie layer.
  3. Spread rest of cool whip on top of ice cream layer.
  4. Freeze!
  5. When ready to eat, let it sit awhile to soften.
  6. Pop in the movie Lorna Doone, as you enjoy her cookies!
  7. "Eat and Enjoy!" (as my 6th grade Home Ec. teacher would always say as the last step of any cooking adventure)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment