"For the first time in my life, I am truly happy. I am loved for who I am, not for selfish reasons. I have the right to live my life in any way I want."- Lorna Doone
And we have the right to eat any dessert we want! Who's counting calories?? Enjoy this delicious recipe I found in an Amish recipe book-- it's the perfect treat for a hot July day!
Heath Bar Delight
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box Lorna Doone cookies; crumbled
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 qt. softened Heath Bar ice cream (or toffee ice cream)
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Crush Lorna Doone cookies and mix with melted butter. Press into bottom of 9 x 9 pan.
- Mix Heath Bar ice cream (let it soften a little, and it'll be easier to mix) with pudding mix and 2 cups of milk. Pour on top of cookie layer.
- Spread rest of cool whip on top of ice cream layer.
- When ready to eat, let it sit awhile to soften.
- Pop in the movie Lorna Doone, as you enjoy her cookies!
- "Eat and Enjoy!" (as my 6th grade Home Ec. teacher would always say as the last step of any cooking adventure)