Monday, July 18, 2011

From the Mouths of Babes

I was just flipping through the journal I kept during my teacher's aide experience, and I couldn't stop laughing when I discovered the second grade one-liners I had recorded. Thought I would post them here to share the laughs. (Forgive the crude humor at the end!):

"I think he was some kind of Confessor..." ~ a student trying to recall the name of Professor Henry Higgins from My Fair Lady.

"Will you take a late birthday card?" ~ Celine* asked me this with grave seriousness upon realizing she had forgotten my birthday.

"Miss M., my veins are vibrating!" ~ Isabel on her nerves just before taking a timed test.

Julianna: A hurt came to me yesterday.
Me: Really? Where?"
Julianna: It came upon me on my foot.

Julianna (with a big grin as she's pulling them up): Miss M., I was just playing tag, and my panties started to fall down!
Me, alarmed: Really? You don't want to lose those.
Julianna, waddling away: I know! They're my sister's.

One morning at line up, Hannah called me over looking very serious: Miss M., I have The Diarrhea.
The next day at bathroom break: Hannah: Miss M., I don't have The Diarrhea anymore.

Beth, whispering to me while in line for bathroom break: Miss M, there's something stuck in my bottom, and I just want to let you know that I'm going to try to get it out.



 * The names have been changed to protect the innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment