Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Today...

I am thankful that Osama Bin Laden has been caught, however I think we all need to keep in mind the statement released by the Vatican regarding this issue, and continue to pray for God's will to be done regarding the closure of this war:

"Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of each and every one of us before God and before man, and hopes and commits himself so that no event be an opportunity for further growth of hatred, but for peace".

I am praying for a very special friend who's birthday is today!  Happy Birthday lovely "CherryBlossom"!

I am feeling tired. haha  There's really no other way of putting it.  Who would have thought having just one child could be so exhausting??  I can only imagine what it'll be like when I have more running around and an infant to boot!  But God never gives us more than we can handle and I need to just keep that in mind.  My hubby and I entered into the sacrament of Marriage willing and able to fulfill our vocation, regardless of how challenging that may be at times.  The other night Lilybug actually slept from midnight until 5:15am...straight!  It was a miracle, and the five hours of straight sleep was heavenly! 

At Morning Prayers I read a wonderful passage concerning how instrumental Our Lady is in obtaining graces for us from Her Son.  As Mediatrix of all Graces, no petition of man can come to Christ except through Mary, and likewise no grace comes to man from Christ except through Mary.  She is the "mediator" between the Members of the Church here on Earth, and Christ Himself.  All the more reason to strengthen our devotion to Her and beg her to guide us to our heavenly home.

Around the house My little Lilybug is down for her nap, all snug and cuddled in her crib, and I'm fighting the urge to climb back into that comfy, warm bed of mine and join her!  Thankfully, hubby and I were on our "A game" this weekend, getting all sorts of chores done, so I don't have a lot to do today.  How many husbands out there would help with the laundry, ironing, dusting etc??  He's pretty much the best.  So *technically* I COULD climb back in for a snooze...just a short one you know....maybe just close my eyes a wee bit....

On the menu tonight is Baked Ham with a Maple Glaze sauce.  I had bought it for Easter week and then realized we were going to have it for Easter Sunday AND Easter Monday at both our family's houses.  So rather than "ham ourselves out!" we carefully tucked it away in the freezer to have at a later date.  I think I'll serve it with some mashed sweet potato and some fresh green beans.  Both Hubby and I are trying to eat healthier.  We've been going out for walks after dinner, which has felt awesome with the nicer weather!  We tuck Lilybug all in her pjs and in her stroller, and off we go!  As we walk, we pray the Rosary and have a little conversation time.  It's been nice.  Although, tonight we'll be heading to friend's for desert to see their brand new baby boy!  Very excited about that.

Outside my window I see a little sun trying to poke its way through the clouds.  I'm not quite sure how warm it is currently, but I'm pretty sure its supposed to reach the high 50s at least.  Hopefully it'll get a little warmer than that too!  There's something about Springtime that is so refreshing and so rejuvenating.  You really do start to feel like a raisined prune after being cooped up during the winter months...and then with the dawning of Spring, the blossoming of the flowers, the warmer weather...its literally a breath of fresh air!

My goal for today is to FINALLY get my Social Security name changed.  (No, I'm not switching identities.) But after getting married, I never changed my last name and it was a pain in the neck trying to use different names for the taxes this year, so my husband offered to go down with me and help me switch it.  Maybe if its warm enough we'll also walk around downtown too.  Its a quaint little area and can be quite enjoyable!

Well, that's my Today....here's hoping your Today is just as grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment