Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Pressed Petal


Another of the first flowers to bloom in spring is the daffodil, which is also known as Our Lady's Star. The daffodil happens to be my favorite flower (and I'm not ashamed to admit that I also believe them to be the most cheerful flower even though I've been teased for it). A friend and I even once traveled to a nature park for the sole purpose of frolicking in their daffodil fields one spring...It's always a joy to see them pop their golden heads out as they trumpet, "Spring is upon you!"

As I was walking to my car after student teaching yesterday, I noticed dozens of daffodils blooming around the school that I had never even noticed! I guess that shows how busy I've been. Glad I noticed them before they disappeared, I'm looking forward to having a constant reminder of the Blessed Mother as I begin and end my day there.

No comments:

Post a Comment