"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed art thou among women...."
Along with the blossoming flowers and the warmer spring air, May is first and foremost a month devoted to the Queen of Heaven. Ven. Teresita Gonzalez Quevedo had a particular devotion to Our Lady, as shown in the book, Mary Was Her Life, and each May she became more silent, self-sacrificing,and intent on offering herself in little acts of generosity. What an example for each of us!
The Rosary is a special prayer designed by Our Lady herself to offer us protection, grace, and strength to do the will of God. St. Louis de Montfort says, "“Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day be led astray. This is a statement that I would gladly sign with my blood.” Pope Blessed Piux IX also put his trust in this heavenly weapon by stating, "give me an army who says their Rosary, and I will conquer the world."
I think its particularly important for families to say their Rosary every night....and not just individually, but as a family. "When two or more gather in my name, there I will be also." (Matt. 18:20) A family that prays together, stays together.
Let's renew our efforts this month to grow closer to our Mother Most Holy. It is through Her Immaculate Heart, that we will most surely find our way to Jesus.
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive single graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination