Monday, March 21, 2011

Today...


I am thankful that my husband is finally home!  He's been gone for the past two months off the coasts of the Carolinas, and Lilybug and I are so excited to have him home with us again!

I am praying for the safety of all the victims in Japan.  What a disaster they are having to deal with.  I pray Our Lady, Mother of all, keeps them safe and protected.

I am feeling nervous but excited about our upcoming move to California!  We just got our orders of transfer last Thursday and it is as we expected.....we'll be reporting to the Eastern Bay of San Francisco at the end of June! 

The saint of the day is Saint Benedict!  He is the patron saint of many different things, but to name just a few:
  • fevers
  • inflammatory diseases
  • gall stones
  • monks
  • against temptations
  • against witchcraft
I have been reading sooo many books!  I get in these moods where I just want to read everything I lay my eyes on!  Right now I'm trying to concentrate on just two books:  "The Life of St. Gemma Galgani"  and "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands", both excellent books!  Other books on my "reading list" are:
  • "How to Raise Good Catholic Children" by Mary Reed Newland
  • "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford
Around the house I'm hoping to get some laundry done, and do some grocery shopping.  We'll be heading up to my in-laws tonight to visit with my husband's Godfather (Father Peter), so looking forward to that.  Before the hubby comes home though, I'm hoping Lilybug will cooperate and let me get some cleaning done.  (I suppose being able to get in the shower would be a bonus too!)

Outside my window its unfortunately not very "spring-like".  It looks very gray and cold...apparently they are predicting more snow for this afternoon, but I don't think its supposed to accumulate very much.  Over the weekend, hubby and I were able to take the Munchkin into Boston and walk around Quincy Market and the Commons!  It felt so good to walk and just be outside, enjoying some sunshine!  (It was a little chilly out though, and I had forgotten my gloves, so we had to spend the first 20-30 mins trying to find some to buy for my white-turning, cold knuckles!)

My goal is to remain positive and upbeat.  To keep first and foremost in my mind that it is Lent, and to offer up all the little challenges or struggles I might have today. 

Enjoy your Today!



No comments:

Post a Comment