Monday, March 21, 2011

morning chat

Well hello there!  Won't you join me for a cup of tea? (or coffee if that's more to your liking...)  I was just getting ready to start my day, but now that you're here, I would certainly welcome the chance for a chat!
You see, I'm a wife and new mother.  I've been married just over a year, and our little Lilybug joined us within nine months...exactly!---so I've had quite a few changes to adjust to over the past year!  With my husband in the military and unfortunately away a good chunk of time, we've had our struggles, but then again....who hasn't?!  Life is so unpredictable, how could anyone expect it to go smooth sailing 360 days of every year?  Not to mention, wouldn't life be boring if we never encountered bumps along the way?  I know we complain and wish we could have that glass ball to tell us all the twists and turns that are in store for us along our journey, but really.....there IS such a thing as being too prepared!  God has a wonderful sense of humor, and I think He delights in surprising us.

As I sit here in our living room, listening to the repetitive notes of "Old McDonald" and "Twinkle Twinkle" drifting from the swing my daughter is now being entertained in....I can't help noticing how beautiful her smile is as she excitedly looks around at her surroundings.  Everything is so new to her....and even though she has no idea what most things around her are, or what they're called, or what the day has in store for her....she's content because her "Mummy" is sitting on the floor next to her, and she has her bottle of milk.  That's all she needs right now.  And she's perfectly at peace. 
So watching her, I remind myself of that well-known Bible verse from Matthew 19:14 "Let the little children come to me..."  In all their innocence and complete trust, "let the little children come to me."  Be happy in the little things.  In the simple things.  Understand that it's okay if we don't know what's around the next bend.  God has everything all planned out for us.  And do you realize something?  All He asks us to do is simply offer all our worries, cares, and concerns to Him!  Be as "little children", and He will take care of the rest.  Well, if we can manage that, than we are already well on our way toward a peaceful day!

Don't you already feel more confident in starting your day? I do.

So thank you, Friend, for this lovely chance to chat.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! How fun! Thanks for the bit of encouragement too!

    ReplyDelete