Monday, March 14, 2011

Final Finals!

With my last college finals ever this week, I turn again to my studying partner-- St. Joseph of Cupertino. I often wonder how much higher my GPA would have been had I learned of this devotion earlier...


Prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favor in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
St. Joseph of Cupertino, Pray for us.
Our Lady Seat of Wisdom, Pray for us.
St. Thomas Aquinas, Pray for us.
Amen.


How did St. Joseph become patron saint of test-takers? He actually struggled with test-taking himself. Due to his general lack of brains and his frequent ecstasies that often rendered him absentminded, he was once expelled from a monastery. Eventually, the Franciscans accepted him. During his test for the diaconate, it is said that he was randomly asked the only question he knew. His levitations became renowned (he's also the patron saint of pilots), and when he died in 1663, two angels were constructed to continue to hold his incorrupt body in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment